Monday, January 10, 2011

Colorado Snow

We finally got to experience a decent snowfall in Colorado yesterday. I thought that once we moved here we would have tons of snowy days, but I was wrong. We had a dusting of an inch or two in November and beautiful 50 degree weather in December. We missed the first significant snow storm while we were in Maryland for Christmas, so I was very excited to hear that we would be getting another 5-10 inches of snow over the weekend.

We woke up to a snowy yard and Sunday morning and it continued to snow all day. We had plans to go to church and brunch with a friend, but cancelled. It was a nice excuse to just lay around the house in sweats and play with Lily and Finnegan all day. After the snow started to let up I was trying to figure out how I would get the driveway and steps shoveled without Varun here. I figured I would just have to do it after Liliana went to bed. A little while later I head the sound of a shovel out front. My awesome neighbor came by and shoveled our driveway, steps, and the entire sidewalk around our house!
He even came back again the morning to shovel the dusting of snow that fell overnight!

Later in the day I took Lily outside to "play" in the snow. She wasn't too happy wearing layers of clothes and mittens, but she did well once we were outside. She sat in the snow for a while and even took a few bites of the snow. She also stood in the snow for a long time. I thought she was going to either fall down right away or take a step, but she just stood there for almost 2 minutes!



1 comment:

  1. So glad you are enjoying the CO winter! C and I were there briefly for the holidays....he LOVED sledding and "snow walks"....but I'm looking forward to our long stay this summer!

    ReplyDelete