Saturday, June 16, 2012

Awesome Craigslist Finds

Since Varun is away for most of the summer, I was looking for things that Lily could play with in the backyard so I wouldn't have to juggle taking three kids to the park or school to play.  I searched Craigslist for about 2 months trying to find a good deal on a small swingset or climber for the backyard.  I was about to give up after emailing about multiple listings only to find out the item has already sold or to never get a response from the seller.  I priced out some backyard sets at Toys R Us and was ready to pay full price for a Little Tikes swing set for the backyard.  I decided to check Craigslist one more time and found a used one almost identical to the brand new one I was looking for, only it was listed at $90!  This was way cheaper than any of the other listings I had seen in the last 2 months.  I told the seller I would be there with cash to pick it up, realizing afterwards that Varun was not here to help and there was no way I could fit a swingset in my van with three kids.  Luckily, some great friends helped out with renting a truck and assembling the swing set.  Lily could not be happier with her new swings!  Just the very next day, I saw a Fisher Price basketball hoop listed on craigslist for $8 and picked up that steal for the kids as well.  I think I am now getting a little craigslist obessesion!

The swingset before I replaced the swing seats.

A free bonus climber from the seller.  Hopefully I can get this into the basement for the twins to play with.

Lily and her friend playing on the swings.

When Grandma and Grandpa Kapust came to visit, Lily decided she like the baby swing better than her big girl swing.


Lily and her basketball hoop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment