Tuesday, November 2, 2010

One Week Down!

It has been exactly a week since Varun left for deployment. Although Liliana and I have been pretty busy, we miss him a ton! Luckily, we have been able to see each other on Skype almost every day. We feel like Lily has changed so much since he left just a week ago. For the longest time Liliana was dealing with some sore gums and a ton of drooling. We were hoping that her first tooth would arrive before Varun left on last Tuesday. Well, it decided to wait until Tuesday night to break though! Of course Lily will not let me get anywhere near her mouth for a picture so Varun has not yet seen the little first tooth. She is also starting to get courageous with her standing and walking. She will now try to stand unassisted and make little movements with her feet. I don't think she is going to wait until Varun returns in January to take her first steps! I'm sure there will be many more changes over the next few months!

We are very fortunate to have some awesome neighbors with lots of kids nearby. We also joined a MOMS Club in Fort Collins, which has events almost every day of the week to attend. So, Liliana and I have not had a chance to get too lonely yet because we have had so much to do lately!

Last week we went to Tiny Tot Halloween in Old Town Fort Collins with some friends and neighbors. Liliana wore her Monkey costume again and strolled around town dressed up. She was even allowed to have her first piece of candy! She enjoyed her raspberry dum dum as we walked down College Ave.



We had a girls night out with another deployed airforce spouse and girlfriend on Friday night. I debated getting a sitter for Liliana, but decided to take her along. We went out for wine and tapas at a local cafe in Fort Collins. We had a such great time tasting different foods and wine! Liliana was definitely the only baby at the place, but she got so much attention while we were there!

On Saturday, we were surprised with a delivery! Varun and I decided to get a new camera when he deployed so I could learn a little about photography. We ordered the Canon Rebel 2ti and it arrived a few days early. I spent much of Saturday trying to figure out how to use this new camera. Here are some of the photos a took. (I am still pretty clueless on how to work this camera!)








On Sunday, Liliana got to wear the monkey costume for a third and final time! We passed out candy with our friend Beth on Halloween night. We sat outside and talked with neighbors as tons of kids came by. As the trick or treaters started to slow down, we took Lily for a little walk to visit a few friends and say hi. We had a great time!




We hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You are right! She has changed so much, looking like a big girl now! Photos are great! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...she is so cute, like always. Looks like you had a fun-filled Halloween! Glad you girls are keeping busy while Daddy is away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has got so much hair! I forget sometimes how old she is because of all that hair.
    I know it's hard to think about now, but Paps will be home before you know it!

    ReplyDelete